To keep fit and maintain a well-toned body, there are lots of exercises you can do at home. The only thing you need is a will of iron.
If you want these exercises to have any effect, you must do them regularly. You should soon see results if you do them 3 or 4 times per week. Follow our advice for a beautifully toned body from head to toe!
For an hour-glass figure, you have to do a few regular exercises.
*Performing the exercise: Standing up, with your legs slightly bent, hands behind the nape of your neck, bend the top half of your body from side to side, to the left and to the right, holding your tummy in tightly and squeezing your buttock muscles together.
*Work-out: Do three sets of 20 complete movements, breathing in when you’re upright and out as you bend.
Building up stomach muscles of steel isn’t as difficult as all that! If you do the movements properly, you won’t have to wait long to see the results.
* Performing the exercise: Lie down on your back, with your legs held vertically in the air, hands flat against the floor under your buttocks. Breathe in and lower your legs by around 30° while lifting your head without raising your shoulders off the floor.
*Work-out: Do three sets of 20 movements. Stretch your entire body at the end of the exercise
Inner thighs (the abductors)
By doing this exercise regularly, you will soon notice the good effect it’s having on your legs. You won’t be afraid to look at them in the mirror any more as they’ll be slim and toned.
* Performing the exercise: Lie down on your back, and hold your legs together vertically in the air, arms and hands stretched out level with your shoulders and flat against the floor. Breathe in and open your legs out into a “V” shape, hold the position for a few seconds, then bring them back together while breathing out.
* Work-out: Repeat the movement 20 times.
Slim, supple ankles are very feminine. So make a bit of an effort!
* Performing the exercise: Lie down on your back, legs slightly bent and arms flat and slightly away from your body: Do 3 sets of 20 toe stretches, then 3 sets of 20 bends. Join them together by circling your ankles 20 times in one direction then 20 in the other direction.
As we get older, our hips tend to get bigger. Let’s not let that happen!
* Performing the exercise: Lie down on your right-hand side, legs slightly bent and supporting yourself with your right elbow. Rest your head on your right hand and put your left arm on the floor in front of you. Raise your left leg up and down without letting it touch your right leg. Breathe out each time you raise your leg.
*Work-out: 5 sets of 10 to 15 movements for each leg depending on your level of fitness. At the end of each set, hold the contraction for around 15 seconds.
A firm, shapely bottom contributes to a lovely figure. By exercising your buttock muscles regularly, you’ll look slimmer and more toned.
*Performing the exercise: On your knees, lean on your fore-arms, your head level with your back which you must keep straight. Lift up one leg and, breathing out, stretch it out behind you, raising it slightly above your pelvis and keeping it straight. Breathing in, tuck your leg back under but don’t put it down on the floor.
*Work-out: Do three sets of 10 to 15 movements for each leg, swapping legs after each set.
Do these exercises to some lively music so that they’re more enjoyable.